How He Loves on iTunes

Click the album art to buy it now on iTunes for $1.29. The proceeds for the track will be donated to the World Vision and Samaritans Purse charities.

Hearing it reminds me of the nights I spent in venues around the US, standing with hundreds and thousands of people watching and experiencing Flyleaf play this song live. It was always the most moving experience, and as many times as I’d seen it, it always hit me just as hard. It’s kind of bittersweet to listen to, because there’s going to be a long while before we’re all able to hear it in person again. But I’m really glad we have something to remind us of what it feels like to be there in that moment.

While you’re at it, watch John Mark McMillan talk about the song, and support the original by buying it on iTunes too.

The winners of the How He Loves contest have been notified! Congrats to Laurie, Justine and Chad. :)

27 thoughts on “How He Loves on iTunes

1. Marie

It's amazing… simply put. I'm glad it's live; I love the passion.

By chance does anyone know what the hebrew reads on the album artwork?

2. jon

this is awesome! i hope they record a studio version. man with this quality of a live version they should have done a concert DVD for the Memento Mori era!

1. Kimberly

Concert DVD, that would be amazing. (melts at the idea)
      The track is beautiful and indeed is full of passion.
      I hope proceeds for this track also go to those charities if it was bought on Amazon. I bought the track on Amazon because I had credit on there and I don't use iTunes.

3. jon

Flyleaf's version:

He is jealous for me
    And His love's like a hurricane
    And I am the tree
    Bending beneath the weight of His wind and mercy
    When all of a sudden
    I am unaware of these afflictions eclipsed by glory
    And I realize just how beautiful You are

Oh He loves us
    Oh how He loves us
    Oh how He loves us
    Oh how He loves
    Yes He loves us
    Oh how He loves us
    Oh how He loves us
    Oh how He loves

We are His portion and He is our prize
    Drawn to redemption by the grace in His eyes
    If grace is an ocean then we’re all sinking
    When Heaven meets Earth like a passionate kiss
    And my heart turns violently inside of my chest
    I don’t have time to maintain these regrets
    When I think about the way

He loves us
    Oh how he loves us
    Oh how he loves us
    Oh how he loves
    Yes He loves us
    Oh He loves us
    Yes He loves us
    Oh, Jesus

4. Faith

I'm at a loss for words. There are none that can describe the way God speaks through music, especially Flyleaf's. His presence was so evident at every single one of their shows this year, and this recording takes us back to those priceless moments. I am sad that we have such a long wait until the next tour, but I am overjoyed that they've given us a beautiful little piece of the Memento Mori era to hold on to. God is doing amazing things in all of their hearts right now, particularly Lacey's. I can't wait to see and hear all the beautiful things that she creates during this time off. Keep praying for Lacey and Josh, and baby Joshua.

5. akatsuki

bought the song… I really like it… passionate and beautiful… it doesn't sound live because of how perfect Lacey sings the song. It's on repeat on my iPod

6. LeafFly

I can'tr buy it on Itunes cause I'm from germany :(
    Please give the fans a chnace to download it also at amazon!
    I'm dying to hear it <3 Best Christmas present :)

7. ParalyzingSilence

I absolutely love it. I don't even care that it was recorded live and not a studio track. its so good that if it wasn't for the little bit of talking at the beginning and the crowd applauding it would be hard to tell it was done live.. How did this not end up on the EP?

8. Bianca Montes

That is a great video of John. I wish I could find the video where he talks about his friends death more. I think that, is a very important video to see because you understand his confusion or anger at God. In the video, he tells of how his friend had offered to God his life in an exchange for a awakening in the youth and went on to die after that. And, how John wrote the song and sat on it for years and became angrier and angrier because he felt that his friend died in vain because there was no awakening in the youth. Then, he sang that song at some conference and he began to see the awakening. He wrote the song for his friend as a result of his death and that resulted in the awakening his friend gave his life for. It is rather something beautiful.

I remember the first time I heard someone singing this song and I felt that awakening in myself. It is very special.

9. -Cassie-

This songs speak to me and sings how he loves me. Flyleaf is amazing and speak the truth through this song. I show no greater love for flyleaf as their fans do too.
    -He loves us- From there Fan , Cassie M.