Orianthi “Courage” feat. Lacey

“Courage” by Orianthi that is featuring Lacey has been added to Orianthi’s official myspace page. You can listen here. Thanks to Drew for finding it!

Sounds decent, but definitely not Lacey’s style. Make a comment for what you think!

69 thoughts on “Orianthi “Courage” feat. Lacey

1. Timothy

I think the only reason I lived through it was because I knew I was hearing Lacey, this is not my style at all. And the fact that it's not Lacey's style made it really hard to tell when she was singing.

2. Sarah

I liked it actually. It isn't really my style, but I liked the lyrics and meaning. and Lacey sings so beautifullyyy. xD so yeahh.. =]

3. Courtney

…Am I the only one who didn't think it was too bad? lol I thought it was a song with a very good message. Sure, it's not what we would expect from Lacey but I thought it was a good song. And especially if Lacey's being featured in it, I would definitely buy it. :0)

1. Courtney

Well actually (and correct me if I'm wrong) Orianthi is actually pop rock – so there really is no country in it.
        I honestly don't hate the song, as I'm seeing A LOT of people here do – which kinda irritates me because I think the whole point and purpose to music is to enjoy it because of how it sounds, not just because who sings it. I mean c'mon, it's NOT THAT AWFUL! lol Awful in my opinion is Ke$ha and Miley Cyrus. I think both these women are talented and I think the song is a good song. That's just my opinion though. :0)

1. StephT

I didnt say it was country. i said it sounded country… And IDK if you think I'm hating on it… But I'm not lol.
          But as for the majority's dislike, what do you expect? this is a Flyleaf fan site. Flyleaf has a very different sound lol, and everyone here obviously likes Lacey singing rock. And I never saw anyone hating on Orianthi. People just didnt like the way the song sounded.
          I won't lie, I enjoy the occasional Taylor Swift radio hit (tho i dont jam to it on a daily), and I super duper love Anberlin, and they definitely have a wide variety of sounds. I like Paramore, Emmy Rossum and Plumb too. All of which are different. To each his own. :)

1. StephT

Hey, I know what ur meaning by comparing it to LIFE. and I must say LIFE is a great song. I love the 90's feel i get from it. Hater! LOL u know I love you Dir.

1. Tori

uhhh… Do i even have to say what I'm thinking? Do you even understand the meaning of the song? Maybe if you would actually listen to the story that is being told you would like it. Mkayy?

4. steph

sounds different it's okay we have heard better but still and ariseandbe your kinda harsh on the song why are you so rude and for everyone else if this isnt your style then dont leave comments tryng to have just one style makes you a poser…

I posted saying to leave comments with your own opinion. Ariseandbe was just sharing theirs. I included mine in the post. We all have opinions, whether they are agreeing or disagreeing. :)

5. RememberJackie

(This really is Jackie. I'm just not on my own computer…but anyway) This song is wretched. No offense. *cranks up Broken Pieces* :)

6. StephT

It reminds me of Martina McBride/ Miley Cyrus/Mandy Moore haha…
    But anywho, it's not my thing for sure, but I don't HATE it. It's just kinda weird to hear a pop/ country sounding Lacey. But her voice is gorgeous as always haha. :)
    Tis weird tho.

7. Ulrike

Don't like that as well. And it's not about being a"poser" just because you stick to one style. Flyleaf just has its own sound and this one was truly awful to listen to.

8. Bianca Montes

It is not my style of music. But, I will say that I dont think Lacey would sing something that was not her style, so to say this is not her style is kind of just judging off of what Flyleaf has sang. I think Lacey probably wants to sing worship music and hopefully she will get to do her own album one day.

1. Lacey Sturm

Actually Bianca.. it isn't my style.. ha. I just did it because I felt like I should. It was a good message. It made me feel like a snob to tell them I didn't want to do it cause it wasn't my taste in music. Usually the problem is the lyrics, if I say no to something, but this time I didn't want to do it at first because it wasn't my kind of music. Then I thought about that reason and realized that it was kinda snobby and dumb. I know there are people who like this style of music.. like my friends john and korey from skillet love this song and I respect them so much. So I did it, because I know the world doesn't revolve around my taste in music, haha, and I care more about the message than the production. Besides, I know orianthi is inspired by joe satriani, and she is a pretty cool chick… even if she does sing pop songs.

1. k-wil

Gotta be honest, I don't vibe with this reasoning. And am I missing out on a hidden message in this song? Because the lyrics resemble the same redundant cliché disney-world tripe that I've heard several hundred times before.

And pop is not the enemy. Terrible music is. And this song (minus that guitar solo which is incongruous with the rest the song) is uninspiring generic blah. Pop or not.

2. FredChedson

Hm, I'm wondering if this post is actually from Lacey herself. If so, sincere apologies.

As for the song, I think people should respect that Lacey chose to do it for whatever reason. Maybe we don't see it as her style, but she knows herself and knows what she likes so maybe it really is her style.

1. k-wil

haha why apologize silly? I think it's her, but she probably won't read this. But she's a person capable of making mistakes.

I'm marking this one as a whoopsie

3. Bianca Montes

Guess I was wrong. =) I guess I prejudged based off of how independent I see you. I love your idea of caring about the message and not the production. It is eye-opening to me to find that message in as many things that I can, regardless of the "style." I miss and love you.

9. shirlee

Me, I am a secret lover of catchy pop music for a change of pace a little bit now & then…sad huh? Anyhow, i LOVED this song. Sure it's not Flyleaf but it wasn't meant to be them, just backup vocals and nothing more… a change of pace & I for one, LOVE it!!! I think you can add Lacey's voice to a nursery rhyme & I will buy it!!…already did buy it on ITunes!

10. Kayli

I was wondering if anybody would be willing to gift the song to me or send it to me somehow…i love the song and would love to buy it but dont have anyway to purchase it!!:) i would really apperciate it if somebody could help me!

1. sarah

I have the song, but its not the best quality. cause I just recorded it off the comp with my mic. but My mic is pretty high quality. but if u want me to send it let me know.

11. Dustin

Just kidding I actually don't like Orianthi..but I love Lacey singing the song…I mean I like Orianthi but I don't like this particular song besdies Lacey.

12. StephT

I really loved Lacey's voice in Born Again and Run to You.
    Matter of fact, I simply love her voice in any and every song.
    But I prefer it in Flyleaf's music because I love her grungy/ edgy vocals…
    But the woman has an angelic side to her voice too.
    So I'm down if she ever were to make a solo worship project. I'd SO buy that.

13. Heather

that girl can do what she wants with that voice of hers. can't help supporting our beloved lacey always..isn't that what family is for?! <3

14. Katy

Is there a version on youtube yet? I wanna know what it sounds like before buying it on iTunes and the myspace version is giving me an error…

15. Erika

hmm…should I even waste/spend my time? Some say it’s good, others say it’s awful…please someone unbiased tell me cause it might ruin my Lacey. Like…idk but it will lol

1. Timothy

I'll try to be as unbiased as I can. First off, it is much different than the style we're used to hearing from Lacey. Personally, if I was able to make out the times she was singing, I would have enjoyed the song much more. The song itself is not bad, either in meaning or in sound, it is just severely different than the style I listen to so it was hard for me to make it through. However, if you like more of the pop type songs, or songs without so much bass and deepness in the sound, you should enjoy since it has Lacey. Hope I helped!

2. k-wil

It's not worth it. Howard benson keeps throwing Lacey on all the records he's producing, it's getting annoying and if she ends up on a Daughtry song or something like that . . . it's just I'm sorta sick of this guy being a total pimp in the music biz

1. sarah

You have a pouint there. hahaha. but it he could just think she has a really good voice. so he believes in her mostt. haha nahhh. hes in it for money or something.

3. sarah

I liked the ssongg, but I think its cause im a fan of lacey/flyleaf./.. cause Orianthi's ver of the song with just her. i didnt like tht much, but it could just be tht lacey added something to the song. So. I liked it.

16. jocelyn

i thought it was okay but its not laceys style! but it was okay i barely even heard her,but other then that amazing!

17. shirlee

Erika, I said to listen to it on itunes but it's just a sample track…if you go to Orianthi's myspace page, it plays the whole song….so you can decide for yourself.

18. Ian

IT'S AWESOME!!!!
    but everyone is entitled to there own opinion… unless it's against this song then you're are wrong! :p

19. Joshua

The song's okay but more importantly she's going to be in another video. This, Broken Pieces, and possibly chasm soon; we'll be seeing Lacey everywhere we look! Yay to that :P

20. Arthur

Is not my style but the lyrics are good. Lacey has an amazing voice and it shows in this song she can sing any thing.

21. Rhia

I think a lot of people were expecting "Courage by Flyleaf!" It's by a pop artist with poppy music. I respect the artist enough for realizing how badly she needed Lacey to save that song..(just kiddinnngg). It wasn't so bad. And hey, maybe the kids that only listen to pop will hear Lacey's beautiful voice and want to check out some Flyleaaff :D

22. Toritheonethatloveit

And also let me just say to everyone that doesn't like it, you really should listen a little more closely to the lyrics. The lyrics send off a beautiful message, and if you would listen to them you might have heard it. Just saying. (: